Travel Insurance is like sunscreen, no one wants to use it, but without it, you may get burned.
What It Is
Travel Insurance helps protect you and family members travelling with you, against the costs of unexpected emergencies that may occur during your trip.
Standard plan types:
- Single-Trip Plan – covers one trip that lasts a specific number of days.
- Multi-Trip Plan – covers an unlimited number of trips, taken within a year, up to the number of days you pre-selected. If one of your trips will exceed that number, you may buy top-ups to cover the additional days.
- All-Inclusive Plan – offers several benefits all in one policy.
Typically, the first two plans are for emergencies only. Usually, those over age 60 must answer medical questions.
*Ensure that the number of days is exact. If you are under, you will not have coverage for those days. If you are over, you will pay more than necessary.
How It Works
Acquiring Travel Insurance can be as simple as making a call.
- How long is your trip?
- Will you be taking multiple trips this year?
- What kind of coverage do you want?
- Emergency Medical
- Trip cancellation/interruption
- Baggage loss/damage/delay
- Flight/travel accident
- Do you have existing medical conditions? (Most companies do not cover these)
- Are you 60 or older?
After, you will receive an e-mail containing your certificate.
A young man bought travel coverage for a relaxing vacation. While away, he went mountain biking and crashed. Seriously injured, they took him to the hospital in the US. They would not admit him until he was able to prove coverage. His injuries were extensive, and it was going to require a great deal of money to make him well enough to travel home to Canada. A friend contacted the young man’s father in Ontario.
The father contacted Simplified Financial! We were able to assist with getting the correct information to the father. The hospital admitted the young man, and they started his care. The insurance company paid directly to the hospital. Moreover, they paid to have the father brought to his son’s bedside. The claim was over $600,000. To this day, they are great clients, and they are grateful for the support we offer to them and those they share with us.
Have a question? Or need clarification?
Call to schedule an appointment with one of our advisors.